Some important rules:
– Make sure to park only in official parking places;
– Do not park on top of yellow lines on the road;
– If you can’t avoid to park your car in weird places PLEASE make sure that there’s always enough space for busses and firefighter vehicles to be able to pass;
– Do not park in front of doors/gates;
– Drive slow in the small roads in and around Sintra – you never know if there’s a cat/dog/child going to run/play on the road.
– We advise you to use the big parking places P1, P2 and P3 in and around Sintra.
– In Sintra/Cascais National park it’s not allowed to sleep inside the car or vans. There is a few parks and camping areas for this purpose.
Visiting Sintra by car is for most of the people a rather annoying experience because the most common GPS-systems fail a lot in the tiny roads of Sintra and around the mountain. There is plenty of parking places around from where you can walk to the most important spots. You find information about parking P1, P2 and P3 on Google maps.
You’ll arrive at the trainstation or bus station near the historical center of Sintra. From here you can decide how you want to explore Sintra.
If you feel lost, talk to the people- almost everyone is friendly and happy to help.
A friendly Olá! Bom dia! And after the conversation “Muito Obrigado” should bring a smile to everybody’s face :).
If you wish to know more about the Monuments, flora and fauna, myths around Sintra and surroundings or if you are looking for an outdoor boulder/climbing adventure we strongly advise you to do a tour with us. It’s always nice to support the local business and bring such a unique memory home. We do the pickup and drop of at the bus/train station or any hostel in and around Sintra.
In case you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us, we’re happy to help!